U.S. Mission: Nairobi
Position Title: Computer Management Assistant
Opening Period:03/13/2023 – 03/24/2023
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Computer Management Assistant.
- The Computer Management Specialist (CMS) shares responsibility for support of all equipment, applications, and cloud services at Embassy Nairobi.
- A senior member of the 17-person Information Systems Center the CMS provides leadership and guidance to agile teams as a frequent technical project manager and lead. Additional duties include managing physical and virtual servers, routers, switches, cloud-based applications and services, mass data storage devices, virtual private network (VPN) connections, digital signage, audio visual solutions, and various other hardware and software which together provide access to one of the largest and most complex Embassies in the world.
- They also manage all forms of computer peripherals and network host devices such as workstations, providing technical expertise and support to all users locally and remotely.
- As part of hardware management, the incumbent updates IT asset locations every time there is location change using asset management system.
- They creatively engineer and design technical business solutions and advise and direct procurements including leading technical evaluations of vendors and products.
- They continuously monitors/evaluates the life cycle of system components and upgrades/refreshes as necessary to optimize performance.
- The CMS continually learns and expands their skillset to stay abreast of new technology trends, and supports new projects and technologies as they emerge.
- The CMS is key to cyber security and proactively maintains, patches, and upgrades systems to avoiding down-time and to ensure data integrity.
- They also promote awareness of cyber security guidelines and policies through example, user training, and consulting
- A University degree in the field of computer science or Information technology is required.
More Details on Experience
- Minimum of 7 years working in a technical position with LAN/WAN operations, management, administration, and direct customer support is required.
- As an agile project manager, coordinate and direct the effort of various project teams ranging from 3-9 people.
- Level IV English (Fluent, Writing/Reading/Speaking) (This may be tested) and Level III Swahili (Good Working Knowledge, Writing/ Reading/ Speaking) is required.
More Details on Skills
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of computer hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of applicable networking systems, cloud computing telecommunications, various operating system software, standard Microsoft Office application software, and hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Cyber security, customer service, and creative problem solving are also required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Windows OS admin and deployment, Office applications, typing, interpersonal skills, project management.
- Occasional need to lift heavy objects – up to 75lbs. Occasional exposure to hazardous electrical systems. Occasional need to climb ladders, stairs, and navigate enclosed spaces.
Terms And Conditions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested candidates to click the link to apply before 24th March 2023