Our client a leading law firm in Kenya is looking for a company secretary who will bear diverse responsibilities of facilitating its efficient management and administration. The suitable candidate must have adequate knowledge of corporate governance principles, regulatory requirements, companies act, and commercial law.
Salary: Kshs. 70,000 (Gross)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure compliance with the provisions of Companies Law and rules made thereunder and other statutes and by-laws as well as the memorandum and articles of association of the company.
- To arrange with and to call and hold meetings of the board and to prepare a correct record of proceedings.
- To attend the board meetings in order to ensure that the legal requirements are fulfilled, and provide such information as is necessary.
- To prepare, approve, sign, and seal agreements leases, legal forms, and other official documents on the company’s behalf when authorized by the broad of the directors or the executive responsible.
- The legal obligation of filing various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law.
- To ensure the proper maintenance of books and registers of the company as required under the provisions of the Companies Law.
- To ensure effective and efficient implementation and execution of the management policies decided by the board|company executives.
- To ensure that the company works according to the rules and regulations of the company’s policy.
- To ensure compliance with corporate governance norms.
- To formulate decisions on which the company administration structure is constructed.
- To act as the secretary of the audit committee ensuring compliance with statutory filing requirements.
- An undergraduate degree or its equivalent in Law.
- Company Secretary Certification by the Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya.
- At least two years of experience in a legal or corporate governance role- preferably in a law firm, although not mandatory.
- Familiarity with corporate governance principles and legal and regulatory requirements in Kenya.
- Must have adequate knowledge of the company's act, commercial law, and human relations.
- Ability to interact with individuals at many levels of an organization, including members of the board of directors, other department heads, their own staff, and others; with information from colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications by 2nd June 2023.