U.S. Mission : Nairobi
Position Title: Community Liaison Office (CLO) Administrative Assistant
Opening Period: 11/14/2022 – 11/28/2022
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Community Liaison Office (CLO) Administrative Assistant.
Provides administrative support to the Community Liaison Office (CLO). The incumbent assists the CLO in developing and maintaining key contacts and managing information that benefits the morale and welfare of the entire mission. Receives, screens and directs incoming mail and communications for correct distribution. Answers routine inquires personally or by phone or refers customer to appropriate sections. Coordinates with Embassy sections to secure required services. Coordinates office matters with various Kenyan entities, including local vendors, schools, international organizations, and others. Supports the CLO in all 8 areas of CLO responsibilities (Event Planning, Information & Resource Management, Community Liaison, Welcome & Orientation, Communications & Outreach, Education Liaison, Employment, Guidance & Referral, and Crisis Management).
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV proficiency in English (Fluent, reading/speaking/writing) is required (This may be tested). Level III proficiency in Kiswahili (Good working knowledge, reading/speaking/writing) is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Administrative, Travel or Customer Service is required.
- Must be proficient with computers and possess an intermediate level of skills in using Microsoft Office suite of applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent customer services practices including performing follow- ups and a strong personal ethical framework.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective contacts in local business and service communities
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested candidates for this position must submit their application to the following for consideration: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=veftrennpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=39078&orgId=25
Application should be submitted by 28th November 2022