Responsible for coordinating in-country Polio Emergency Operation Centres(EOC) community engagement work, volunteer management, and support
Programme Delivery: People Management
- Support in-country volunteer planning and support the recruitment of a high performing team of national and community volunteers.
- Manage national volunteer performance, ensuring compliance with VSO policy, process, and procedure.
- Develop and maintain monitoring tools to ensure that the resourcing framework and minimum standards are adhered to.
- Ensuring volunteer emergencies are managed efficiently.
- The overall objective will be to provide technical support to program implementation, with the following specific deliverables.
- Provide a key coordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
- Ensure project outcomes are of high quality, within budget and scope, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Establishing beneficial partnerships with communities and strengthen access to and utilization of polio immunization services.
- Understanding and mapping community and its' needs to inform action planning.
- Ensure national volunteers are a coach/trained to maintain knowledge and skills, and are informed of, and supported to adapt to our core approaches as well as changes on methodology, process, or content.
Stakeholder Engagement, Management, and Communications
- Be the focal person to coordinate the work of and maintain strong relationships to ensure that project activities advance in a smooth and timely manner.
- Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project stage, ensuring communications have appropriate content and tone.
- Ensure organizational communications about project benefits, progress and outcomes suit the audience and are timely.
- Anticipate project risks and issues, communicating them to stakeholders, and take action to resolve issues.
- Create a lifelong relationship and engagement of volunteers with VSO and with their communities and governments.
- Accountable and responsible for maintaining effective engagement and professional ways of working with our VSO Network.
Safeguarding, Security and Risk Management
- Commit to VSO’s vision and values, including safeguarding and taking a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and harm.
- Ensure plans are developed and being implemented with the programme’s Duty of Care Lead team and stakeholders (staff, volunteer, primary actors, etc.) are aware and comply.
A degree in public health, social sciences, or other disciplines relating to development from an accredited University. A Master’s degree is an advantage but not a requirement
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent understanding of project cycle management tools to ensure effective planning, resourcing, implementation and review of programmes and experience of organizational assessment, planning, and review tools and processes.
- Experience of managing or supervising projects notably in partnership with local NGOs/ or within the staffing of local NGOs
- Strong technical competence in participatory research approaches, baseline surveys, learning and monitoring and evaluation methods and good critical grasp of latest sector thinking.
- Experience of preparing or reviewing project documentation notably internal and/or donor narrative and financial reports, programme updates, budgets, contracts, case studies.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of development issues, democratic participation, good governance, accountability and be able to convert those into development partnerships and products
- Language proficiency required in French and English.
- Experience of working positively in a diverse environment.
- Creative and innovative approachability to lead thinking on technology choices and development approaches.
- Familiarity with VSO’s work and programme quality processes is an asset.
- Sufficient knowledge of VSO’s priorities and development and humanitarian programme work an asset
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please submit your application through the link //www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/community-engagement-coordinator-a0m3z00000dy4ztaal?source=myJobsinKenya before 30th September 2020