The club accountant shall be in consultation with the club manager, apply sound principles, systems and techniques in accounting for the club’s finances as directed by the club committee. He/She shall be responsible for maintaining records relating to the club’s assets, revenue, expenditure and costs. The club Accountant shall be responsible for overall review of accounting procedures.
He/She must follow the policies of the club as laid down from time to time by the committee and be his/her professional conduct set an example to all other staff.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, half year and annual budgets forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and report on the Club’s financial health and liquidity.
- Supervision of all cash, banking, banking records and weekly bank reconciliation.
- Preparation, processing and payment of salaries and wages.
- Control of cash float for change and petty cash.
- Calculate wages due from records of hours worked or work performed by individual employees.
- Verification and certification of the staff payroll, statutory deductions and timely remittance.
- Processing tax payments and returns.
- Custodian of all club accounts documents.
- Responsible for examination of supplier invoices, reconciliation of creditor’s accounts and expenditure control.
- Plan, perform or oversee the performance of stock-taking of all operational assets on a monthly basis or as required.
- Prepares and dispatches member statements.
- Ensures all procurement processes are followed and adhered to
- First Degree/ Diploma in Finance, Commerce/ Business Administration ( Accounting option) or relevant option plus a CPA (K) or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a medium sized club or a four- star hotel.
- Excellent knowledge of SBA System or equivalent Accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and Pivot tables
Should be a registered memeber of ICPAK
All applications to be submitted before 29th January 2023