Position: CHIEF OF PARTY
Industry: Not for Profit and Charities
Salary: £6174138 - £7175138 per annum
The Chief of Party will manage the overall implementation of a Project in partnership with Implementing partners. Providing visionary strategic leadership, expertise, and high-quality competencies to assure desired project goals, outputs, and outcomes in closed coordination with the partners, government agencies, and developing networking with concerned stakeholders at different levels
- Programme Development and Delivery: analyse and understand the relevant development context and key stakeholders, shape programme objectives, engage volunteers, partners and relevant stakeholders to inform and influence decision making.
- Ensure that the programme is structured in well-defined sub-projects and that every volunteer is allocated to specific projects.
- Develop project logical frameworks, all project implementation plans and annual work plans and any other project related documents.
- Ensure core project themes (gender / environmental management/social inclusion) are included as appropriate. Identify relevant development interventions (including advocacy at all levels) to deliver desired outcomes within the project plans.
- proactively identify funding opportunities, working with the Business Pursuits team and Country Representative to develop concepts and proposals
- Assist with the development of concept notes and proposals to work that relates to the EAGLE project.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Develop realistic project plans, work with finance manager to ensure that budgets are compliant with donor requirements.
- Together with the finance manager develop, maintain and regularly review financial plans and monitor expenditure.
- Ensure that variances are planned for and amendments requested with the donor and that there are no disallowed expenditures across the Project
Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across the global organisation, including:
- Finance, to ensure VSO systems and processes support effective budget and financial, grant management and donor reporting.
- Technical team for risk assessments, duty of care capability in project teams and support of incident management responses to medical, safety, security and safeguarding incidents
- People team to ensure competency based safer recruitment practice, talent and performance management. Support the development and requisite capability for implementation of large and complex grants
- Legal to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and due diligence requirements
- Internal audit and risk to ensure VSO systems and processes support the identification, mitigation, and management of risks across the project portfolio.
- Practice Area teams to ensure technical leadership of the project.
- Business pursuit teams to support new proposal development processes.
- Project management and/or international development qualifications or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of social inclusion, social accountability, and resilience.
Practical experience of working in development and a strong understanding and competence in steering quality and complex programmes/projects.
- Substantial experience in managing large and complex grants and contracts within the international development sector including donor management
- Substantial experience of creating and maintaining a high performing, diverse team working in different locations and managed in line with the organization’s values, policies and procedures
- Experience of leading and managing change
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong partnerships and consortia
- Experience in project security and risk management, and in managing duty of care to the highest international standards
- Practical experience within a volunteering INGO context and managing a volunteer programme. Experience of working in a global organization with matrix or multiple reporting lines.
- Leadership, management and coaching skills in working across multiple cultural contexts
- Project finance and budget management
- Evidence-based decision making
- Data and system management; IT literacy (Microsoft, finance, project management software, Salesforce system)
- Excellent cross-cultural communication, with fluency in written and spoken English
This is a national hire post under national terms and conditions for Mozambique.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click on the link to apply before 8th August 2021 //bit.ly/chiefofparty