Our client Osho Grain Millers is recruiting a Chief Miller (Maize Mill)
The Chief Miller at a maize mill is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the milling process, including the operation of machinery, quality control, and ensuring compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
1.Milling Operations: Oversee the milling process, including cleaning, conditioning, grinding, and packaging of maize products.
2.Machine Maintenance: Ensure that milling equipment is properly maintained and serviced to minimize downtime and maintain efficiency.
3.Quality Control: Monitor product quality at each stage of milling and implement measures to achieve consistent and high-quality maize products.
4.Safety Compliance: Enforce safety protocols and ensure that all employees follow safety guidelines and practices to prevent accidents.
5.Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with food safety regulations, quality standards, and hygiene requirements.
6.Staff Management: Supervise and train milling staff, including mill operators and maintenance personnel.
7.Cost Control: Manage operational costs efficiently while maintaining product quality.
8.Production Planning: Plan production schedules to meet customer demand while optimizing resources.
9.Documentation: Maintain accurate records of production, inventory, and quality control processes.
- Bachelor's degree in food science, milling, or a related field (preferred).
- Must have worked in a large (over 100mt/day capacity) maize mill for atleast 5 years
- Must have worked with Buhler or European mills that are fully automated.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and quality control standards.
- Mechanical aptitude for equipment maintenance.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Effective communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- The Chief Miller typically works in a maize milling facility, which may involve exposure to noise, dust, and the operation of heavy machinery.
- The role may require working shifts, including evenings and weekends, to ensure continuous production.
All applications are to be submitted before 26th September 2023