Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reports To: Kenya CEO/MEA CFO
Direct Reports:As per organizational chart
A global FX brokerage firm is looking to recruit a high caliber Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Kenya CEO, the CFO leads & overseas all aspects of the Kenya finance function. The CFO acts as a key advisor to the CEO, Executive Committee and Audit and Risk Committee.
- Directs & controls the finance function, taking full responsibility for putting in place & maintaining fit-for-purpose finance policies & procedures.
- Responsible for the completion & management of the financial accounts and statutory reporting ensuring full adherence to the required regulations, laws & accounting standards.
- Ensures full compliance with local regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. daily segregation of client funds, monthly capital adequacy reporting)
- Ensures monthly management reporting is submitted to group finance in accordance with the set deadlines, including the provision of qualitative & quantitative commentary.
- Manages the budget cycle, ensuring compliance with group requirements.
- Preparation of financial forecasts as and when required
- Produces accurate & timely reporting to the Kenya CEO and various committees for which the CFO will be required to attend and present to.
- Create and maintain the capabilities within the finance function to create cashflow reporting, liquidity and capital management for presentation to senior management.
- Establishes Key Financial Performance Indicators and regularly reports on such.
- Maintains a strong relationship with the external auditors and manages the annual audit process.
- Proposes solutions for managing & mitigating any currency risks stemming from the business
- Responsible for taxation oversight and compliance with the relevant laws.
- Helps to support the development of systems that improve the overall operation & effectiveness of the organization.
- Contributes to the cost control management of the business.
- Manages the company’s bank accounts & funds flow in strict adherence to policy.
- Attends to special assignments requested by the Executive Management/Committees
- Evaluates the finance department structure & team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency & effectiveness of the function
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 10 years PQE.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Certified Public Account/ACCA
- Audit background desired
- Exposure to Financial services, desired
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of 10 years PQE.
- Audit background is highly desirable
- Financial services experience is highly desirable
- Strong IFRS skills
- Experience in a multi-currency environment and a strong grasp of the impact of FX on company results.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the desire to lead, nurture and develop the finance team.
- Track record of success working in fast-paced businesses in a period of rapid growth.
- Maturity and the ability to work with clarity in a pressurized environment.
- Experience technical accounting skills (IFRS)
- High professional standards, inquisitive nature and ready to challenge where necessary.
Equiti Group Values:
- Innovation - Equiti embraces innovative technological solutions to stay ahead of its peers, to gain market share and to create shareholder value.
- Collaborative Culture - Equiti is proud of its collaborative culture and unifies its resources to expand the boundaries of possibilities and ideas with the goal of achieving excellence.
- Ethics - Equiti focuses on leading the industry by applying strong ethical and transparent business practices which will be reflective in the way we interact with our clients, thereby building trust and loyalty.
- Freedom of Expressions - Equiti provides a supportive environment that promotes the freedom of ideas and the opportunity to innovate and contribute to innovative ways of doing things.
NB: The role profile identifies the key responsibilities and competencies required in the role. It is not an exhaustive list of tasks that need to be completed. The company reserves the right to amend the role profile as the role develops with the business.
All applications to be submitted before 5th November 2021