Kitale Club is a private members club that provides catering, accommodation, entertainment and sports services to its members. The club is seeking to recruit a qualified professional for the following position.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of Chefs, Cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure food preparation is economical, technically correct and within budgeted labour cost goals.
- Ensures that high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Evaluates food products to ensure that the Clubs quality standards are consistently attained
- Establishes and maintains controls to minimize food waste and theft
- Safeguards all food handlers work practices by implementing training programs to increase their knowledge about safety, hygiene and accident prevention techniques
- Approves the requisition and purchase of products and other necessary food supplies
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality
- Implements measures to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and works with the Food & Beverage controller in establishing menu selling prices.
- Consult with the Food & Beverage Manager and Controller about the food production aspects of special events and banquets.
- Ensures proper staffing, maximum productivity and exceptional quality standards; controls food and wage costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- The Chief Chef develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updating written policies and procedures to incorporate state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Diploma in Food Production.
- Food safety Certificate (HACCP) and Hygiene Training
- A minimum of 6 years working experience as the head of the kitchen.
- Must have previous experience of cooking and food preparation in a high-volume environment
- Excellent interpersonal/oral communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to lead and motivate.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and problem solve.
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure
All applications to be submitted before 29th January 2023