SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women's empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
The Job is responsible for planning, coordinating, and delivering a variety of capacity building assistance activities on topics of interest based on evidence as per capacity gap assessments with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and youth-focused organizations. CBM will help CBOs that serve communities working with young people across different informal settlements and their environs across Kenya.
This role requires outstanding training, coordination and organizing skills as well as the ability to appropriately assess and diagnose capacity building needs, develop and implement action plans to address those needs, and to monitor and evaluate processes and outcomes. It also requires a solid understanding of frameworks and best practices related to evidence based youth programing.
Reports to- Project Director
Working hours- Monday - Friday | 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Conduct organizational assessments of CBOs/youth organizations
- Develop capacity building work plans in response to organizational/program assessments.
- Provide basic, intermediate, and advanced level capacity building interventions via various mechanisms (including technical assistance, training, workshops, and coaching).
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize relevant literature to inform capacity building framework and strategies.
- Develop documents related to capacity building strategies (e.g. training curricula, fact sheets, briefs, etc.)
- Design and oversee project training activities, including developing and modifying training activity schedules, ensuring coordination among all partner and staff on training activities, alerting management to major adjustments to training calendar, and problem-solving to ensure all training activities take place in a timely manner.
- Oversee support and training activities among sub-grantees and ensure compliance with program work plan
- Coordinate data collection & analysis from focus group reports, surveys, and other data collection methods to inform provision of capacity building services.
- Assist in managing and monitoring project budget for assigned capacity building and support activities.
- Assist with report writing.
- Develop relationships and collaborative plans with CBOs and youth-led organizations.
- Travel between various project sites for work-related meetings and events as necessary.
- Attend and assist with meetings, events, and functions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in development or other relevant disciplines
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience working with youth programs
Capacity building and project management experience related to young people or related areas of inclusive development
- Solid public speaking, facilitation, capacity building, training, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with staff, volunteers, and supporters of culturally diverse community-based organizations
- Strong project management skills, including ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and internet applications in a Windows environment.
- Strong initiative, creativity and motivation, including ability to work under pressure with deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in team environment.
All applications should be submitted by 11th December 2022.
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Please be truthful when answering the questionnaire and provide working contacts. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references.SHOFCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. We, therefore, advise the general public to exercise due diligence when applying for employment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted