Working within the Strategic Partnerships Team, you will provide ongoing, high quality research and funding intelligence for new business pursuit activities across the organisation. Including profiling and evaluating new and emerging trends across all funding and financing sources, consolidating advanced intelligence from across the VSO global portfolio in line with VSO’s Practice Areas. Responsible to The Senior Strategic Partnerships Lead.
The role is based in one of VSO Offices. Please ensure you have the right to live and work in one of those locations.
- Continuously scan and monitor a variety of funding portals for new opportunities (both open and forecasted) of relevance to VSO's work and log them in VSOs opportunity tracker.
- Where required provide clear analysis on new funding opportunities to enable the Business Pursuit function (and all other participating functions) to develop appropriate approaches to secure enhanced positioning, partnerships and funding;
- Ensure ongoing analysis of all donor trends – working closely with the Strategic Partnership Managers, Country Representatives and all staff engaged in Business Pursuit review and collate analysis of the funding landscape and new business trends.
- Provide thematic research, analysis and evidence of emerging or existing trends (donor, thematic, geographic etc) – contributing to more robust and well evidenced Practice Area funding strategies.
- Support the preparation and networking of VSO colleagues (and oneself) representing VSO at external events with donor/partner/opportunity briefings as required.
- Provide comprehensive market mapping of key funders and their key Implementing partners at global and country level, their funding priorities and VSO’s eligibility and position to approach them;
- As required act as a member of VSO bid teams to provide administrative, design and review support.
- Provide surge capacity for the proposal development team to act as a Proposal Development Manager where required;
Business Pursuit data and knowledge curation:
- Curate and enhance all aspects of VSO’s business pursuit data and its management including: proposal and contract storage solutions, donor guides, proposal tracking and track record data.
- Provide curation and ongoing development of the magenta process and its associated internal guidance and tools.
- Oversee and enhance all aspects of business pursuit file architecture and data storage conventions and protocols.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting services to Business Pursuit and the organisation more widely including pipeline reporting, quarterly business reviews and other reporting services (i.e. on key contracts) as required.
- Relevant graduate qualification or equivalent experience.
- Sound business development experience in an international development context
- Experience of living and working internationally
- 10-20% travel expected
- Experience of writing quality reports, papers, presentations and briefings – that are engaging and relevant to different target audiences
- Proven ability to research new opportunities and provide analysis and recommendations including tracking and analysis of funding rules, requirements and positioning
- Experience and understanding of international development – main trends, issues and themes
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently and innovatively
- Able to analyse, prioritise complex and large quantities of information
- Ability to influence and negotiate with colleagues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; experience in developing and delivering information sharing sessions, workshops and briefings
- Excellent organisation skills and strong ability to effectively operate under high pressure environments and to tight deadlines
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
All applicants must have the right to work and live close to one of the VSO country offices. We are not able to provide assistance with this.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click on the link //bit.ly/businessdevelopmentanalystvso to apply before