Our Client, a global player in the Agriculture sector is seeking to enhance its team of experts by hiring Assistant Production Agronomist. You will form part of a robust, innovative, dynamic team focused on building the future of agriculture and bettering the lives of people all over the world.
As the Assistant Production Agronomist, you will focus on effective and efficient management of field production processes. This role capitalizes on your agronomic knowledge and ability to get in the field to collaborate with team members and achieve the highest quality crops and yields. Further develop your leadership and people management skills by managing work processes, balancing workloads, and training & motivating growers. Utilize your problem-solving skills while fostering
innovation, risk-taking, and creativity.
Area of operation:
The position will operate in Marigat, Weiwei, Nakuru and Narok
- Work with government certifying agencies to assure all standards are met.
- Be involved in all aspects of grower relations and management to ensure a successful quality seed production.
- Management of commercial seed production fields and field activities that may operate 7 days/week, 24 hours per day portions of the year. Coordinating production research programs at the field level.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with growers, contractors, and vendors.
- Serve as technical expertise across a broad range of production activities at the respective work locations.
- Meet targeted yields, quality, and other planning parameters agreed upon with Production Agronomist
- Promote health, safety, and environmentally friendly practices.
Ensure Process Safety Management is implemented and fully executed.
- Promote and ensure compliance with our Clients’ values
Certificate or Diploma in agronomy, agribusiness or related discipline.
A degree in agriculture will be an added advantage.
1-2+ years of experience in seed production, agronomy, field science, agribusiness, or other
- Possess seeds Manship skills and general product knowledge.
- Organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities. Work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Develop and sustain High-Performing work teams.
- Computer Skills (office suite products)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Produce Safely a high yielding quality crop year in and year out
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and credentials to [email protected] on or before the close of business on 25th February 2021. Please quote ASSISTANT PRODUCTION AGRONOMIST on the subject heading