Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-037
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Administrative Assistant (U.S. Embassy Mogadishu - located in Nairobi) - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 03/24/2021 - 04/08/2021
The U.S. Embassy Mogadishu (located in Nairobi) is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant.
- The incumbent serves as the Management Analyst and Special Project Coordinator for the Management Sections such as - but not limited to - the Human Resources, Financial Management, and General Services Office.
- Assignments are usually given on a project basis and the incumbent is expected to fully analyze the problem, gather data and information find and evaluate alternative solutions, and make formal recommendations.
- In addition, the employee performs administrative analysis; with his/her work primarily focusing on the day-to-day administration of the management section including the responsibility for making formal recommendations and decisions for the delivery of management services.
- Position reports to Deputy Management Officer.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Two (2) years of college/university studies are required.
- Level IV (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
- Three years of administrative or clerical experience is required, 2 years of which should be in project coordination/project management.
- Knowledge of a local and national culture is required to answer questions regarding management and logistical issues in Kenya and Somalia.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are required.
- Must possess strong organizational and project management skills, analyze complex data and interpret them into clear, concise, and manageable use by Post management, able to read architectural blueprints, and be a self-starter with the ability to perform multi-tasks and manages his/her own time. Should be comfortable with persuasion.
- Drafting Management notices, sending emails requesting information or data from the Management team or agency heads at large on a daily and weekly basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applications should be submitted through the link before 8th April 2021 https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=rel2exbnpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=22462&orgId=25