Our client in the Real Estate industry is looking for an Accountant.
The Accountant is expected to work with large amounts of numerical data, handle multiple tasks with deadline, and provide transparent and complete reports to management. You should have a firm grasp of Accounting and financial practices and regulations and possess strong computer and verbal and written communication skills.
To ensure success, the accountant should be prompt, honest, detail- oriented, professional and analytical with excellent presentations skills with the ability to successfully communicate complex quantitative data to descision makers.
- Budget formulation, implementation and tracking ensuring the company gets value for money in every transaction and relationship. Develop financial and operational controls in the company that use the budgets to monitor financial control.
- Ensure implementation of the Strategic Plan with review matrix
- Timely client invoicing and follow up for payments
- Vendor management and payment of invoices on due dates
- Bank reconciliation and financial reporting to the leadership team
- Custodian of sales team income , dashboard and revenue projection ensuring targets are met
- Tax payment , returns and all statutory remittances
- Debt management and collection using the relevant systems
- Work with external stakeholder including banks, auditors and financial advisers to ensure sound financial practices.
- Do regular asset audits and record keeping for the company
- Develop efficient and effective policies, procedures, processes and process maps to give customers a positive experience, minimize fraud and eliminate wastage. Challenge and review any nuisance processes while maintaining controls.
- Support both internal & external auditors during the quarterly and annual audits
- Develop a robust Enterprise Risk Management and audit process that ensure adherence to the policies, procedures, and processes of the company and gives the company green internal and external audits (Risk and Financial controls).
- Develop a Good Corporate Governance environment that ensures that the company manages conflict of interest in procurement and all dealings with stakeholders.
- Ensure the safety of all company assets e.g. title deeds, land, client’s sales agreements, payments record etc.
- Develop a process to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and good practice.
- Procurement – put in place policies and procedures to ensure that the company procures all supplies in the most effective way.
- Leverage technology to improve efficiency. Systems uptime to be at 99.5% for all core systems affecting customers.
- Put in place a culture of superior / world-class customer experience to keep the company ahead of the industry. Benchmarking with the industry.
- Uphold the Company reputation by ensuring that all transactions are above board
- Put in place a CSR/ Citizenship policy that encourages staff to support community projects, for example, education, water and sanitation, public health, environmental conservation, financial literacy among others.
- Have stakeholder engagements to review the business performance
- Ensure a good working relationship with the regulator.
- Any other duties assigned
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA)
More Details on Experience
- Minimum of 7 years work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Experience in project accounting
More Details on Skills
- Debt management skills
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
Terms And Conditions
Interested applicants to submit their applications before 5th June 2023